MBA Interview Prep Services from Admissionado
October 05, 2015 :: Admissionado Team
We see it all the time – applicants get invited to interview and mistakenly think their work is done. But it’s only just begun.
The MBA interview is more important than ever. In the past few years, business schools have cut their essays in half, putting more emphasis on the interview. Your stats, your goals, your experience – they can get this from your written application, but the interview is your only chance to show who you are as a person and how you’ll contribute to their community and their network. And these qualities are weighted just as much, if not more, than all the rest.
So if you want to get in, you HAVE to crush the interview. You must approach the MBA interview with as much attention and rigor as the rest of those application materials. This is a make it or break it moment, so let’s make sure you make it, shall we?
Our interview prep is rigorous. We’re going to put you through the wringer so you’re ready, no matter what question comes your way. As soon as our clients complete interviews, we contact them to learn exactly what transpired behind closed doors, keeping us on the cutting edge of each school’s (sometimes unique) interview processes. We combine this information with years of experience to prepare you for your MBA interviews.
Standard Interview Prep – $725
Our Standard package includes two LIVE sessions (phone, Skype, Zoom, Meets, pick your poison):
- Session 1 is our time to prep you. We’ll make some general comments about your application, outline, and approach. We’ll talk about interview trends, things to watch out for, stories to have ready, and all our general do’s and don’ts. Sometimes we’ll end with a mini-mock.
- Session 2 is a formal mock interview. We’ll simulate a 35-ish-minute interview, followed by some feedback.
Premium Interview Prep – $1,195
For those interested in a little extra dash of pepper, Premium Interview Prep adds a session from a blind interviewer, check it out:
- Session 1 is a formal mock interview by someone on the team whom you haven’t worked with yet, and whom you may never meet ever again! (The idea is to simulate the Adcom process, fully.) This MBA will conduct an interview with NO real-time feedback, just the interview. Then, the magic happens…
- Behind the scenes, the Admissionado MBA #1 conveys notes and impressions to your main consultant, who will take things the rest of the way.
- Session 2 is a feedback session, where your main MBA (MBA #2) will discuss insights from the first session, and strategize for shoring up gaps, doubling down on strong points, and everything in between. There may be some mini-mock action in here also, all at the discretion of your MBA.
- Session 3 is a second formal mock interview, this time by your main MBA (MBA #2). We leave some time at the end for impressions, analysis, additional insights.
Here are a few additional resources from the Admissionado blog to give you a jump start!