It’s Back to School season, so let’s take a break from talking about college admissions and instead look ahead to life in college.
Because that’s where we’re all headed, right? And once you get IN, you gotta figure out how to make the most of it, both academically and socially.
In a radio interview with Rodney Lear for Sunday Morning Magazine, Lia discussed her biggest tips for college freshmen, and how to get the most benefit out of your freshman year, both academically and socially.
Here are Lia’s Top 10 Tips to Ace Your Freshman Year
1. Keep in touch with high school friends. “It’ll come in handy when you realize you’re 1,000 miles away from home, and it can keep you grounded while you’re trying new experiences.”
2. It’s okay to be homesick: “Everyone’s going through it!”
3. Try something new: “This is your chance to dabble in just about anything, so take advantage while you can.”
4. Keep doing what you love: “It’s OK to also stick with what you love.”
5. Find a mentor: “They’re someone who’s been in your shoes and has come out the other end.”
6. SLEEP: “‘Nuff said.”
7. Form a study group: “You learn more by pooling knowledge.”
8. Do the work: “College is a time when your biggest job is to learn.”
9. Get off campus: “There’s a big world out there.”
10. Trust your instincts: “Ultimately, this is a time to listen to and trust yourself.”
Want to learn more? Listen to the full interview right here: